Experienced N.J. Attorney specializing in business disputes, employment litigation and personal injury cases.
Representing individuals and corporate clients in New Jersey for over 25 years.
Brian J. Fruehling is an experienced New Jersey attorney specializing in business disputes, employment litigation and personal injury cases since 1987. Business matters include shareholder and partnership disputes, contract matters and counseling on various corporate issues. Employment lawsuits have involved sexual harassment, age discrimination, and wrongful termination. Mr. Fruehling has been a successful plaintiff's attorney in personal injury cases for over 25 years. Brian represents lawyers in ethics proceedings, and also serves as an expert in attorney ethics and legal malpractice cases. Mr. Fruehling is a member of the bars of New Jersey, New York and the United States Supreme Court.
- Proven track record of winning cases for individual and business clients in a wide range of legal settings, since 1987.
- In 2007, won an award of $3.12 million. The client claimed to be an oppressed shareholder and alleged his interest was marginalized in a closely held corporation.
- Regularly prepared employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, covenants not to compete, and handled employment issues such as sexual harassment and discrimination cases, for individuals and corporate clients of the firm.
- Won numerous personal injury trials and also obtained substantial settlements on behalf of injured clients throughout New Jersey for more than 25 years.
- In 1997, obtained a settlement of $865,000.00 for a client injured in a slip and fall case, during jury trial.
- Obtained extremely favorable dispositions in representation of lawyers in attorney ethics proceedings.
- In 2005, brokered sale including negotiation of purchase price for international wholesale clothing business based in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Court-appointed volunteer mediator primarily for business disputes, Superior Court of New Jersey, Morris County, from 2001 to present.
- In 1998, obtained a settlement of $650,000.00 for a client injured in an automobile-motorcycle accident case, during jury trial.
- In 2010, successfully represented a Plaintiff in an Age Discrimination case, obtaining a settlement in the amount of $250,000.00.
- In 2013, successfully represented a personal injury Plaintiff, obtaining a settlement of $200,000 for client injured in an automobile-bicycle accident case.
- In 2003, appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court as Chair of the District X Ethics Committee. Responsible for management and supervision of 45 attorneys, scheduling hearings, conducting investigations, compliance and reporting to N.J. Office of Attorney Ethics.
- Served as an expert in attorney ethics matters and in legal malpractice actions.
- In 2011, Elected and served as President of the Morris County Bar Association.
***Results will vary depending upon the facts and circumstances of your case.
1987—University of Richmond Law School, J.D.
1984—Moravian College, B.A. in Political Science
President, Morris County Bar Association, 2011
President, Morris County Bar Foundation, 2009
Chair, District X Attorney Ethics Committee for Morris and Sussex Counties, 2003
MCBA, Chair, Lawyer Referral Service, 2001-2009
MCBA, Member, Civil Practice Committee, 2000-present
MCBA, Judge, Mock Trial Competition, 2005-2010
Lecturer on Attorney Ethics, Business Litigation, and Solo Law Practice for New Jersey State Bar Association CLE-accredited seminars and Morris County Bar Association CLE-accredited seminars. Author of articles on Attorney Ethics and Solo Law Practice published by The Morris Lawyer, New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, and The New Jersey Law Journal.